Experience the peak of Marantz AV expertise in the new flagship SR8012 – the first-ever 11.2-channel Marantz receiver that raises the bar for home theater. Envelop yourself in thrilling and immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D, the latest codecs able to drive overhead speakers for a true 3D sound experience. The receiver’s 11 high-quality amplifier stages enhance audio performance via carefully selected high-grade audio components including Marantz Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, used in Current Feedback topology. These pass the signal to the power stages, each providing 205W of pure Marantz power and finesse to drive a full 7.1.4-channel home cinema setup without the need for additional external amplifiers. And the SR8012 uses advanced Marantz sound-tuning throughout, drawing in features from the company’s Reference two-channel models, including a copper chassis and an oversized, shielded toroidal transformer built to Marantz specification — plus high-current main power supply capacitors also made to the Marantz engineers’ exacting standards.
With built-in HEOS technology, the SR8012 becomes a part of a HEOS wireless multi-room music network, enabling you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere around your home. Explore, browse, and play music from your music library, online streaming music services, or thousands of internet radio stations, using the free HEOS app.
- 11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
- Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
- eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs – eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
- HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
- Improved network stability especially in crowded homes – Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology – Integrated with other HEOS devices for whole-house entertainment
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources – AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- High Resolution audio streaming with gapless playback – DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation – Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems
With unparalleled Marantz performance, the new top-of-the-line SR8012 AV receiver is made for those wanting the ultimate audio and video experience. Its symmetrical, monolithic amplifier design gives it 11 identical amplifier channels, each delivering 205W per channel, for seamless surround sound integration. The design also brings to the Marantz AV receiver line a large toroidal transformer, mounted centrally for mechanical balance, a copper plated chassis, selected audio components throughout and high-grade speaker terminals. The SR8012 opens a new chapter in the illustrious history of Marantz AV receivers.
Along with eight HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel for quick connection, the SR8012 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020. Dolby Vision pass-through support is available on every input, with pass-through for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), a new broadcast HDR format, to be supported via a future firmware update.
HDCP 2.2 compatibility for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content means the SR8012 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads. Its video processor can transcode and upconvert analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. Three HDMI outputs are provided – two for the main zone, so you can run a TV and projector in parallel, and one for a second zone.
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR8012 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple’s AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
The SR8012’s built-in HEOS technology allows you to stream and play back your favorite music wirelessly from literally unlimited sources. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Music, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer, or your local music file libraries (availability of music services differ per country). With additional HEOS components like the HEOS speaker range or other HEOS-capable receivers, you can play all your music throughout the whole house. Control it all effortlessly with the free HEOS app.
Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled device. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more.
Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.